ICA Housing Organisation (ICHO)
ICA Housing Organisation is a specialized organisation of the International Co-operative Alliance founded in . It was established to promote the development of co-operative housing in all countries, and in particular developing countries, as an economic and social contribution to the problem of providing shelter.
In order to achieve this goal, the organisation will:
* Study the scope of activities of co-operative housiing organisations in different countries;
* Disseminate books and other information on co-operative housing to those interested in the provision of shelter;
* Participate with the ICA in the work of UN agencies and other governmental and non-governmental organisations which deal with the problem of shelter;
* Contribute to the implementation of an ICA programme of technical assistance to co-operatives in developing countries;
* Encourage the regular exchange of information and personnel between member organisations;
* Foster education and training on co-operative housing.
ICA Housing Organisation comprises 42 national organisations from 31 countries. It maintains relations and holds joint meetings with other ICA specialised bodies in order to discuss topics of mutual interest. Several members of the Organisation provide valuable help for co-operative housing in developing countries.
ICA Housing Organisation is an active member of the Habitat International Coalition and also works closely with the UN Centre for Human Settlements (HABITAT), and with several UN Economic Commissions.
ICA is an independent, non-governmental association which unites, represents
and serves co-operatives worldwide. Founded in 1895, it now has 232 national
members in 93 countries, plus four international members.
Chairman:Mr. Rolf Trodin
113 27 Stockholm
Tel/Fax : (46-8) 307 373
Vice-Chairman: Mr. Jens Heiser
Baugenossenschaft Dennerstrasse Selbsthilfe e.G.
Tel: (49-40) 298 035 12
Fax: (49-40) 299 31 57
Secretary:Mr.Ivar O. Hansen
Union of Co-operative Housing & Building Associations (NBBL)
PO Box 6517 Rodelokka
Tel: (47) 22 35 75 29
Fax: (47) 22 35 77 37
E-mail : email@example.com