Business Succession and Retention: Employee Ownership Solutions
April 20, 2017
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
April 20, 2017
9 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Landmark Services Cooperative
1401 Landmark Drive
Cottage Grove, WI 53727
Cooperative Development Spec.
UW Center for Cooperatives
An estimated 70% of private businesses will change hands
over the next two decades, many as a result of retiring baby boomers. Who
will take over these businesses and will they remain in their communities?
Attend this workshop presented by the University of Wisconsin Center for
Cooperatives to learn about employee ownership as an effective method for
keeping businesses, jobs, and wealth in local communities.
- Real benefits of employee ownership in both rural and
Employee ownership basics: worker cooperatives and employee stock
ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Practical steps in the conversion process: stories of
existing employee owned business
- Strategies for capitalizing conversion deals
- Resources available to business owners who are
exploring employee ownership
- Bonus! Employee ownership experts
will be available for short, one-on-one consultations with business
owners interested in employee ownership.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners interested to learn about employee
- Community and economic development professionals
- Small Business Development Centers
- Chambers of commerce
- Local and regional policymakers
$75 per participant, includes workshop materials, one consultation, breakfast, lunch, and parking
($99 after March 1, 2017.