Cases teach students how to �tell the story� of trends over time.
Using cases in teaching
- Students and other readers learn a great deal from cases
- Industry perspective and why that is important
- Firm information which helps them in considering employment opportunities
- Many students in Kansas will end up on the board of a co-op, school, church, or similar organization
- Uniqueness of cooperatives (co-op finance, governance, etc.)
Students need to integrate concepts and learn to �tell the story� behind financial and accounting data. They need to develop critical strategic thinking skills.